The B.C. government will continue to invest in transportation infrastructure for the safe, reliable and efficient movement of people and goods.
On Vancouver Island, a number of highway infrastructure upgrade projects are recently completed, underway or soon to be underway in 2020.
Highlighted projects include:
- Highway 1 McKenzie Interchange – ongoing ($96 million)
- Highway 4 Kennedy Hill safety improvements – ongoing ($38.1 million)
- Highway 4 Cathedral Grove safety improvements – in design
- Highway 1 Burnside Bridge to Tolmie southbound bus lanes – underway ($16 million)
- Highway 19 Roberts Lake passing lane north of Campbell River – ongoing ($9 million)
- Highway 19A intersection improvements/resurfacing in Nanaimo – completed ($4 million)
- Beaver Cove road resurfacing – completed ($1.7 million)
- Gabriola Island road resurfacing – completed ($2 million)
- Highway 1 four-laning between Leigh Road and the Westshore Parkway – underway ($14 million)
- Highway 14 Sooke River Road improvements – completed ($6.9 million)